Privacy & cookies
Here at The Flower Deli we respect the privacy of our website users and are committed to safeguarding their personal information. This policy outlines how we do this.
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data from customers and users:
- Name and e-mail address when a visitor completes the contact form or newsletter sign up form.
- Any other information users send when making an enquiry.
- This type of information is provided directly by users to allow us to contact / engage with them.
How information is processed
Contacting the user/visitor
- Responding to queries.
- To send any communications users have specifically requested (e.g. signed up to the mailing list).
- Where communications are sent via our e-newsletter system, users may unsubscribe using the link in the newsletter.
Backing up of information stored at our operating office and hosting server to a secure third party location and using encryption.
Analytics and statistics
The statistical information we collect via our e-newsletter system (timings, geographical location, and links clicked) helps us to monitor and improve our communications with our customers.
Where information is processed
The information is processed at the Flower Deli operating office and in any other places where parties involved with information processing are located. External parties may be global companies (e.g. website back-up services).
Other Information Processors
Other parties may store and process information on behalf of The Flower Deli. They include but may not be limited to the website hosting company and website back-up service.
Third party websites, social media platforms and apps
Our websites may link to third parties. We are not responsible for their practices or privacy policies.
Third party social media platforms and apps may collect types of data such as cookies and web traffic data. Please see their privacy policies for full details.
Measures taken to keep information secure
Here at The Flower Deli we take extensive measures to keep information secure including, but not limited to:-
- All Flower Deli accounts are password protected.
- Keeping passwords for our own activities secure.
- Using secured connections for theflowerdeli.co.uk (SSL)
- Encrypted, password protected back ups of theflowerdeli.co.uk.
- Using software to detect and alert us to changes of files on our websites.
- Using secure third party services which employ measures such as password protected accounts, firewalls, anti-virus/malware detection/protection and encrypted storage and connections.
- Using of anti-virus software and firewalls.
- Password protected computers and devices.
- Lock / log off computers when away from desks.
- Disposal of confidential paper waste by shredding.
- Being aware and vigilant of potential attacks/hacks (opening e-mails/websites).
- Locking away any hard copies of information when not being used.
- Ensuring visitors to our premises are not able to access information.
- Positioning screens away from windows where personal information could be seen.
- Data transmission via the internet is inherently insecure. We cannot be responsible for or guarantee the security of any information sent via the internet.
Information sharing / disclosure
We will never sell, rent, share or disclose users’ information to third parties for marketing purposes.
User information and rights
Users have the right to request details of the information we store about them. In this case a fee may be charged to prepare and supply the information and proof of identity will be requested.
Users have the right to right to request that we amend or delete their information at any time. In many cases it is possible for users to amend their own information via the e-newsletter system.
Please contact us if you would like to amend or delete your information from our systems.
If you have any questions about the personal information we hold and how it is processed, please contact us.
Cookies are included in the majority of websites and have done for many years. They do their job much of the time without us even noticing. They help improve a visitor's experience when using and navigating a website. They cannot contain viruses.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file which is downloaded from a website and stored on a website user’s computer (or other device). The cookie is then sent back to the website on each visit. Cookies ‘remember’ anonymous information about your visit and movement between web pages, to allow functions such as setting options (e.g. change text size or store items in a shopping basket) and tracking web visitor traffic (e.g. Google Analytics), amongst other things. There are 'first party cookies' which are set by the website you are visiting and 'third party cookies' which are set by other websites and are working on the page you are viewing (e.g. Google Analytics, social network sharing tools).
Cookies on this website
None of the cookies on this website are used to personally identify its visitors (e.g. your name and address). They do not collect or store personal or sensitive data about individual visitors. The majority of cookies used on this website are set for logged-in users only, i.e. The Flower Deli website administrators only, and are essential to ensure that the website functions as it should.
By continuing to use this website you are giving us permission to set the cookies described below.
How to switch off cookies
If you do not wish to receive cookies then you can switch them off and delete them in your browser. Different browsers perform this function in different ways. You can find out how to do it in your browser by searching its 'Help' facility. You can change your cookie settings at any time. This website explains how to control cookies.
Please note: If cookies are disabled then features on this website will be disrupted and some functions may not work fully or at all.
The Flower Deli e-newsletter
Our e-newsletter system uses open tracking which helps us to monitor our e-newsletter's usage, learn what works best and provide a good service to our users. This tracking shows us how many e-newsletters were read, when, how many times and by which subscribers. By subscribing to our e-newsletter you agree to us using open tracking to monitor and improve the emails we send you. The monitoring in these e-mails cannot be disabled. You can unsubscribe from the e-newsletter at any time either by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the e-mail or by contacting us and asking us to remove your details from our mailing list.
Last updated 6th March 2021